West Liberty Economic Area Development Co-Sponsoring Leadercast Friday, May 44/30/2012
Local leaders will be inspired and challenged during this full-day event at the New Strand Theatre in West Liberty
Community and business leaders from throughout Eastern Iowa are invited to access the knowledge and experience of a diverse group of internationally-acclaimed authors, leadership experts and practitioners by attending Chick-fil-A Leadercast at West Liberty's New Strand Theatre on May 4, 2012. Chick-fil-A Leadercast is a one-day leader development event broadcast LIVE from Atlanta, Georgia, to hundreds of sites throughout the nation, including West Liberty, Iowa.
Speakers for this year’s event include:
- Soledad O’Brien, Anchor and special correspondent for CNN
- Tim Tebow, NFL quarterback, Heisman Trophy winner and best-selling author
- Patrick Lencioni, Best-selling author and president of The Table Group
- John Maxwell, Leadership expert & best-selling author of “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership”
- Angela Ahrendts, CEO, Burberry
- Roland Fryer, Professor of economics at Harvard University and CEO of the Education Innovation Laboratory
- Urban Meyer, head football coach for the Ohio State University
- Andy Stanley, Best-selling leadership author and communicator
- Sheena Iyengar, Author of “The Art of Choosing“ and world-renowned expert of choice
The event is hosted by West Liberty Economic Area Development and Leadership West Liberty and sponsored by WL Foods, Midwest One Banks, Monsanto, Tim Dwight Football Camp, and West Liberty State Bank. Chick-fil-A Coral Ridge will provide lunch for attendees.
“Leadership development is a core goal of our organization," said Karen Lathrop, Executive Director of West Liberty Economic Area Development. "We are excited to offer access to world class speakers to elevate our business and local leaders in Eastern Iowa.”
Tim Dwight will be the emcee for the event. Dwight is a former University of Iowa football and track athlete and played ten seasons in the NFL. Dwight is owner of Integrated Power Corporation and the founder of the Tim Dwight Foundation.
This year’s program will focus on the power of choice. Presenters will share insights to help leaders empower and equip others at work, at home and in the community through his or her choices. “It is one of the single most consolidated sources of leadership that I know of,” said Paul Urbanowki, senior manager at AT&T. “But it goes beyond that. I think this conference, although very focused on leadership, transcends the topic and really shows you how to lead in life.”
Tickets are on sale now. The beautifully renovated New Strand Theatre can comfortably accommodate 200, but seats are limited. Tickets are $79 in advance, $89 at the door and groups of five or more can save $10 per ticket by entering promo code: group. For more information about Chick-fil-A Leadercast, visit www.chick-fil-aleadercast.com. For local ticketing information, call We Lead at (319)627-4045 or visit http://welead-iowa.eventbrite.com/.